MISSION STATEMENT MORA PUBLIC SCHOOLS, WITH A RICH HERITAGE OF COMMUNITY SUPPORT, PRIDE, AND COOPERATION, WILL EDUCATE LEARNERS AND EQUIP THEM WITH LIFELONG SKILLS TO SUCCEED IN A CHANGING SOCIETY. WE WILL PROVIDE CHALLENGING ACADEMIC PROGRAMS AND QUALITY EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCES IN A SAFE AND POSITIVE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT.
- WE BELIEVE THE FAMILY IS THE FIRST, AND MOST SIGNIFICANT INFLUENCE ON AN INDIVIDUAL'S DEVELOPMENT.
- WE BELIEVE IN THE INDIVIDUAL WORTH OF EACH PERSON, THE IMPORTANCE OF DIVERSITY, AND THAT STUDENTS SHOULD HAVE A SENSE OF BELONGING.
- WE BELIEVE IT IS ESSENTIAL FOR ALL INDIVIDUALS TO RESPECT THEMSELVES, OTHERS, AND THEIR ENVIRONMENT.
- WE BELIEVE EACH INDIVIDUAL HAS A RIGHT TO A SAFE AND POSITIVE SCHOOL EXPERIENCE.
- WE BELIEVE IN ENCOURAGING COMPASSION, TRUST, HONESTY AND PRIDE IN ALL INDIVIDUALS.
- WE BELIEVE ALL STUDENTS ARE TO BE CHALLENGED, ENCOURAGED TO HAVE HIGH EDUCATIONAL EXPECTATIONS AND PURSUE EXCELLENCE.
- WE BELIEVE IN HAVING A HIGHLY COMMITTED AND SKILLED STAFF THAT WILL MAKE LEARNING ENJOYABLE, VARIED AND A SUCCESSFUL EXPERIENCE IN AND OUT OF THE CLASSROOM.
- WE BELIEVE LEARNING IS A LIFELONG PROCESS.
- WE BELIEVE IN THE RIGHT OF ALL INDIVIDUALS TO EXERCISE THEIR SPIRITUAL BELIEFS.
- WE BELIEVE OUR SCHOOL SYSTEM BELONGS TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY; VOLUNTEERISM IS VITAL TO ITS SUCCESS, AND OPEN COMMUNICATION BETWEEN STAKEHOLDERS IS VALUED.
- WE BELIEVE CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT REQUIRES ONGOING EVALUATION FOR ACCOUNTABILITY.
- WE BELIEVE SCHOOL ACTIVITIES HAVE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON A STUDENT'S EDUCATION AND LIFELONG DEVELOPMENT.
- WE BELIEVE SCHOOL IS AN INVESTMENT IN THE FUTURE (NOT AN EXPENSE).
The District will improve educational performance by providing challenging curriculum and opportunities to meet the varied needs of all learners.
Notes: Specific concerns in this goal area included, but are not limited to communication, upper level classes, addressing PSEO situation, independence for students, enrichment, staff development, technology and mandates.
The District will create programs and provide an environment ensuring students are prepared to engage in the learning process.
Notes: Specific concerns in this goal area included, but are not limited to drugs, poverty, nutrition, extra-curricular activities and staff development.
The District will be accountable to stakeholders for its overall performance.
Notes: Specific ideas or concerns in this goal area included, but are not limited to test scores, data driven decision making, teacher accountability, finance, and mandates.
Previous, Ongoing Goals Include :
The School District shall implement processes, activities and/or services to strengthen communications with stakeholders.
The School District shall institute policies, procedures, practices and/or services - as they may be warranted - to enhance safety, morale, and climate within the District environment.
The District will pursue technological advances for the betterment of school and community.
The District will improve the educational performance of learners.
The District will define and prioritize what is needed for the future in regard to facilities, staffing, curriculum and academic results.